I've got several boxes running several versions of Bering and Bering uClibc, all on Compact Flash cards. They've all been reliable, except for one box. Twice in the last six months, the box has failed to boot. The CF is recognized in the BIOS, but no boot information seems to be found. The first time it happened, I swapped the CF card for another and built the system from scratch. This time I'm wondering if the computer could be part of the problem. I don't like the double coincidences of it a) failing in the first place and b) failing *twice* in the same box on different CF's. Especially when all the others have run for years.

Has anyone had a problem like this? I'd like to know if the box could be the problem before I take the time to replace this CF yet again. The unit is in a remote location and is fairly mission-critical. I can't have this happen so regularly.

Brock