-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Robert K
Coffman Jr - Info From Data Corporation
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:04 AM
To: leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [leaf-user] DNSMASQ Exiting?

Bering uClibc ver. 2.2.2 on VMWare.
dnsmasq         2.16 Rev 1

I've noticed on a couple of occasions that DNSMASQ had stopped.  The latest
was this morning.  I had restarted the host machine yesterday at 4:00PM and
I can see in the logs DNSMASQ starting.  This morning, I noticed Google
taking a long time to come up, so I checked DNS and discovered it wasn't
running on the firewall.  I could not find anything in the logs indicating
why it stopped.

I use DNSMASQ for DNS resolution on my internal network, and it uses the DNS
servers supplied by my ISP's DHCP server.  I also have DNSMASQ set up to
provide DHCP to one subnet.

How do I debug this?

- Bob Coffman