Does snort/uclibc-bering not support multiple interfaces? It seems that
it will only listen on a single interface per instance. I have modified
the init script arguments to look like this:

before:
"-m 027 -D -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -l /var/log/snort -d -i $INTERFACE"
after:
"-m 027 -D -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -l /var/log/snort -d"

My understanding is that this should support the "var HOME_NET any" /
"var EXTERNAL_NET any" options. Even with these settings, it defaults
to eth0.