Hi,

> I don't know, but i would assume that you should ask this question on
> the kernel bridge list (You find it under
> http://bridge.sourceforge.net/), the people on this List have deep
> knowledge on the linux networking/driver subsystems.

  Just done that :) I needed to wait for acceptance in the list.

> >   2) Can such a beast sustain 8 ethernet as a single bridge? Bear in
> > mind they dont have gigabit traffic, they just use gigabit ethernets :)
> > Whats the limit for a linux bridge?
> >
> see above... But i doubt you can run this under full speed on all
> interfaces (or better the pci-express ones)...

  Sure, I dont expect full speed. Actually, the box is overdimensioned
in the ethernet side. Think more in the 20Mbps margin for WAN to LAN
traffic and some peaks of around 100Mbps for local ethernets.

  Thanks

--
Jaime Nebrera - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Consultor TI - ENEO Tecnologia SL