Hello,

What are you using padlock with, ipsec, openssl?

Padlock didn't speed up AES encryption as much as I expected. At least,
that was my initial observation with openswan.

Sadly to say, I lost (overwrote) my benchmarks so I can't say exactly
what the difference was. I will post my results when I test again. I
believe it was:

AES: 34.5 Mbps (software)
Padlock AES: 39.5 Mbps (hardware)
Blowfish: 38 Mbps (software)

My understanding is that my cpu (1GHz Nehemiah) should easily do more
than this even without padlock. So the slowdown is with openswan
perhaps?

Have you considered using buildtool to apply the patch and build your
kernel?
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/guide/buc-buildtool.html
-cpu