Hi Paul,

> Do you have a strategy for doing this while remining compliant with the
> terms of the software you have licensed (the GPL)?

  Yes, we have been very careful on that. Actually all of the code in
the "core" system (what you know as Lince) is under GPL, LGPL, BSD
except antivirus (if used). We have done some improvements to some of
the GPL apps used but they are in the core too as GPL (of course).

  MarteGUI is just a manager that connects to a system, donwloads a
config database, parses new configuration files, copies them to the
system and restarts services as needed. In essence, it mimics the
commands the admin executes. That way we dont have problems with GPL.

> Netgear and linksys are two very profitable organizations who produce
> GPL derived router products and release the source code and development
> kits for their GPL based products.

  Actually we are thinking on using their hardware to port our software
solution. BTW, we have done the same with a Crossbeam X40 system :)

  Regards

--
Jaime Nebrera - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Consultor TI - ENEO Tecnologia SL