Thanks, and I forgot to forward my reply too...

The problem was that while I did download the latest kernel/modules tarballs, I replaced the "linux" kernel file with the kernel optimized for the WRAP board (a kernel which does not require a keyboard controller.)

(Eric sent me a message confirming that it is, indeed, an older kernel - so that's where the problem is.)

I guess I will go back using the kernel image that came with the tarball and see if things work out...

Thanks,
Suman

--
I support Falun Gong: www.faluninfo.net
Meditation faces persecution in China

Philippe Jayet wrote:
Hi Suman,

crc32 - Using /lib/modules/./crc32.o
natsemi - Using /lib/modules/./natsemi.o
insmod: unresolved symbol gr_task_is_capable

Mmmh ... it seems to me you are using different versions of the kernel
and the modules, maybe modules compiled against a more recent kernel
than your running one. This may cause some unresolved symbol in the
grsecurity code. Take care to take the modules from the tarball with the
same version as your running kernel, or upgrade your kernel and modules
to the latest version.

Hope this helps,

Philippe J.

PS : sorry for sending it twice, forgot to Cc the list before ...