My bad. :( Thanks to all who responded - it helped me find the problem.

Here's what happened: I downloaded version 2.3 beta 4 of Bering and its module tarballs which apparently are based on kernel 2.4.31. The replacement kernel I used was 2.4.26 - which is why the modules did not work.

Following Tom's suggestions, I just replaced the kernel/modules on my CF with the latest 2.4.26 build (Bering 2.2.3) and the replacement kernel for WRAP - which solved the problem!

I now have the natsemi driver running, and my Ethernet interface is up. I am still working on getting the Senao wireless card to work, but I guess that's just some more poking around...

Thanks a lot for all your help,
Suman

--
I support Falun Gong: www.faluninfo.net
Meditation faces persecution in Communist China

Suman Srinivasan wrote:
Hi Tom,

That's exactly the replacement kernel I am using too. Do the natsemi and hostap modules work for you?

All the other modules I'm using work perfectly with the replacement kernel for WRAP. It's only the 'natsemi.o' and the 'hostap.o' modules that fail with a "insmod: unresolved symbol gr_task_is_capable" message - which are the modules that I need for my wired and wireless cards.

Thanks,
Suman

--
I support Falun Gong: www.faluninfo.net
Meditation faces persecution in Communist China

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I used 4.2.26 modules and the replacement kernel 4.2.26 for WRAP (found at http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/leaf/bin/bering-uclibc/packages/linux-2.4.26-
pcengines.upx?rev=1.1&view=log)
and it works perfectly.