Hi,

> A very effective but not so easy way to see exactly what sort of traffic
> your router has been moving, is to install a NetFlow probe on your
> router. It will forward flows to a NetFlow collector, permitting further
> analysis and graphing on the traffic. You would then be able to
> categorize the traffic (for example http/ftp/mail/p2p/other for in/out,
> by host/subnet, period of time) quite precisely.
>
> Some pointers:
> * A NetFlow probe that runs on Bering-uClibc: fprobe-ulog (I compiled it
> successfully but no extensive tests done) [1]

  We are currently using nprobe without any problem in various
production environments in the Lince branch.

> * A NetFlow collector / processor: NfDump [2]

  There are plenty of those.

> * A NetFlow web-based reporting engine: NfSen [3]

  We have developed our own (propietary) as none of the open source
alternatives had the features we needed. You can see some screens at:

http://www.eneotecnologia.com/mambo/ => Software => Eneo Flow => View
screen

  Hope it helps.

--