Patrick Andersson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm migrating from Bering 1.0 to Bering uClibc 2.2.3. The reson for that
> is that ComHem (Swedish Cable modem ISP) is switching from NeMo modems
> to WebStar modems and the 1.0 doesn't work. Somwhere I read that pump is
> a problem, so I thought I change to something newer, Bering uClibC 2.2.3.

Making such an upgrade can be cumbersome, if you're not ready for the
time it takes. If that's the only reason for making an upgrade why not
just switch your pump.lrp package to dhclient.lrp or the dhcpcd.lrp?
That takes only a few minutes.. You will also need the DHCP server for
your internal network, dhcpd.lrp. Configure dhcpd.conf to match your
subnet(s)..

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/packages/glibc-2.0/

> I have a cable modem and want the eth0 to get its configuration via DHCP.
> I have an internal network, eth1, with WinXP computers which I want to
> receive their configuration via DHCP.
>
> I have read the manuals and setup everything so it should work, but the
> WinXp computers can not get any DHCP configuration.

> How shall I configure the firewall/gateway and internal LAN PCs if for
> example I want the gateway, internally, to be known as portellen.islay
> 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 and the internal computers as e.g.
> ardbeg.islay on network 192.168.1.X?
> You can asume I got the original setting from the disk image. The only
> changes are so that I only can connect through a serial line (COM1).
> Took a while before I realised I hade to boot on another computer to
> change the settings so I could boot on a computer without a graphical
> display.
>
> I know I should send printouts of my settings but I'm a bit frustrated
> after spending 20 hours and getting nowhere... It shouldn't be needed to
> read five different manuals to get nothing to work.
>
> /patrick

It's much easier doing a minor upgrade than a major one....and saves
lots of time.

--
Patrick Benson
Stockholm, Sweden