Hi Eric,

I am sorry for the delay. Since Sunday, I runs hostapd.lrp you sent me with madwifi and it is great, no problem so far. I just do not know why I do not see messages dumped to the dumpfile as I specified in the config file (see below), only to daemon.log, but other than that it is OK.

I am busy with other work so I cannot test the current hostapd package in the latest 2.3 ISO CD, but like you said, it should work too. Can anybody from the list confirm that?

Just want to thank you again for all your help.

------------

What I am using now are:

- madwifi modules from 2.3 ISO, i.e. old codebase from madwifi
- hostapd you sent me (0.4.5-2)
- wireless 28pre10 which I compiled myself. The one in ISO is 28pre8

There is no need to include hostapd.o module in /etc/modules like you said. I run hostapd as 'hostapd -B -dd /etc/hostapd/madwifi.conf', and the config file looks like the following

####   START of /etc/hostapd/madwifi.conf
#
interface=ath0
driver=madwifi

logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2

# Debugging: 0 = no, 1 = minimal, 2 = verbose, 3 = msg dumps, 4 = excessive
debug=3
# Dump file for state information (on SIGUSR1)
dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump

# SSID to be used in IEEE 802.11 management frames
ssid=myssid

# Station MAC address -based authentication
# 1 = deny unless in accept list
macaddr_acl=1
# this file contains all MACs of the machines you allow, one per one line
accept_mac_file=/etc/hostapd/hostapd.accept

eapol_key_index_workaround=0
eap_server=0

# WPA pre-shared keys for WPA-PSK. This can be either entered as a 256-bit
wpa=1
wpa_psk=0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=TKIP
wpa_group_rekey=600
#