I've got 2 rtl8139 cards in a Dachstein setup. I've got the pci and rtl8139
modules installed
and the cards are detected O.K. and shown up by lsmod to be in use. The eth0
card connected to my
cable modem works fine and is allocated an IP address by my ISP. I can also
ping my ISP OK.
Although the internal card is detected and 'ip' shows it to be configured and
up, no data
appears to flow through it and both lights stay off. I can't ping any internal
addresses.
PS AX shows dhcpd to be running, but no IP address gets allocated to my other
machine.http://email02.wanadoo.co.uk/webmail/en_GB/write.html#
Send
I've tried swapping the cards and slots, but always eth1 - the one furthest
away from the
CPU never communicates with my other machine. The problem doesn't appear to be
with the
machine on the internal network, as whether running Win XP or a Live Linux, it
works fine
connected directly to my modem using dhcp.

I'm pretty much at a loss as to where to look next!

Ideas, anyone - please?

Jim Ford