I'm still struggling with Bering UClibc 2.3.1. There are long gouges down the
learning curve
where I've dug my nails in, but slipped back!

I've not got a fancy set-up: a cable modem to the net, the firewall, switch to
a windows machine
and occasional laptop. I would have thought that (as with Dachstein) the
defaults would suit.

I can't access the WWW (or less importantly the firewall using the mini web
server).
However, I can now log in using ssh.

I've been poring over the config files and am highly suspicious of
/etc/shorewall/rules.
Lines 375,376,379,384,385 and 393 list actions - but the /etc/shorewall/actions
file
doesn't declare them. I don't know wether this is the seat of my problem, but
if it is,
surely others would have also come up against it?

I don't want to start thrashing around changing configs without really knowing
what I'm
doing - so I though I'd seek advice here.

Jim Ford