> Whilst I can ssh into the firewall (very useful) I can't access it with a
 > browser. I've noticed that my syslog file has entries "cannot execute
 > /usr/sbin/sh-httpd: no such file
 > or directory". I guess that it ought to be mini-httpd that should be
 > called. I've tried starting mini-httpd by hand "/etc/init.d/mini-httpd
 > start", but with no luck - and checking with ps ax shows no mini-httpd
 > daemon running.

 Strange, which packages have you loaded (leaf.cfg)? Did you change
 anything in /etc/inetd.conf? The line "www stream tcp ...." should be
 commented out (as it is by default).

Thanks again Eric.

You're spot on with the /etc/inetd.conf "www stream tcp ..." line
needing to be commented out! Earlier in my trawling through the conf. files
I'd uncommented it thinking I needed it for the WWW. Now I've re-commented it,
it's all working fine. I can now get the firewall web page (and very slick it
is too!)

The only piece of the jigsaw that needs sorting out now is a NAT problem with
my Azereus bittorrent client. I guess it needs a line in /etc/shorewall/rules
to allow UDP connections on port 6881 (but I might change the port). At my
novice
stage of understanding Shorewall, I'm hesitant to take a guess at the rule, as I
don't want to throw the door open, negating the point of having a firewall.

Thanks again for holding my hand through this, Eric!

Jim Ford