I have wondered if there was any better method for upgrading from a previous
version of Bering uClibc, and I assumed that what Charles said below was the
best possible solution. However, when I have upgraded, I have found that it is
better to just to a fresh new install, then cut and paste the old configuration
files (from the partial back up files and use 'tar xvzf' to extract info from
the LRP files) into the new files.

I have considered created a tool to make the upgrade process easier, but
wondered if others would find it as useful as I would. Also, I don't have a
great deal of spare time. I have gone through an initial high level design
approach, but not taken it any further. Would a tool to upgrade from a previous
version of Bering uClibc to a newer version be useful to others? The tool would
allow the user to select the current packages to back-up (and/or files to back
up, or just auto back up everything to a particular destination), identify
which new packages to install (and from what source), and then prompts the user
for any additional configuration information (for new packages) before creating
a new configuration.

Bpk