> Wouldn't it just be easier and more secure to set the machine to a static
> IP?

> You may need to change the range of static IP addresses - or determine what
> it is, but for my money that makes the most sense.

I guess so, but I would rather not 'hard wire' anything into the configuration.
But I may end up doing so!

 On 12/7/05, Paul Traina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > Jim Ford wrote:
 > > Hoping to solve a NAT problem with my Arureus bittorrent client. I gave
 > the
 >

 > Or use upnpd.lrp and turn on the UPnP client in Azureus.

I understand that there are security issues regarding UPnP. I don't know much
about security, so I feel I need to be ultra cautious. I'm acutely aware that
one wrong line in the Shorewall rules could blow the door wide open on my
firewall!

Jim Ford