Bob von Knobloch wrote:
> I have been trying to set up buildtool becuase I want to customise a
> couple of things. I have done a CVS checkout, set up the configs,
> installed the PERL package Config::General, as detailed in the LEAF
> Bering-uClibc Developer's Guide.
> <http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bk07ch02s02.html>
It seems like you applied some of the changes described in section
"Checking out an older version to build" but didn't do the cvs checkout
that's required for that to work (and that's described in that section
as well).

If you really want to get buildtool for a specific version, remember to
check out the module src/bering-uclibc (which will include the apps
directory) and not src/bering-uclibc/buildtool.

If you want to use the latest version, simply ignore _everything_ that's
mentioned in the section "Checking out an older version to build" (which
also means you shouldn't change  the serverconfig of cvs-sourceforge and
cvs-contrib-sourceforge )

I just did a fresh checkout for the old version "Release-2_4_1" (as
described in the docs - you'll probably want to use "Release-2_4_2"),
and everything worked as described (apart from a minor error in the
docs, claiming that the config file is found in
/PATH/TO/WORKAREA/buildtool/conf/sources.cfg  instead of
/PATH/TO/WORKAREA/src/bering-uclibc/buildtool/conf/sources.cfg - but if
you managed to "set up the configs", I guess this wasn't your problem).

Martin