Hi there.

You are probably being misled by a simple hardware related item.
CompactFlash cards are not FLASH chip as they are used inside
linksys devices, but istead they emulate a standard IDE harddrive.

Therefore, any type of JFFS* filesystem is completely useless
for this device type.

> However, after reading more about CF cards already doing wear
> leveling, I'm questioning whether jffs2 makes sense other
> than for its intrinsic size qualities.

It makes ZERO sense to use jffs* filesystems as i've explained before.

Besides, the currect goal of Bering uClibc is not running as a live
filesystem on top of anything, but rather just something that runs
completely in RAM after boot, thus making it as simple as it can be.

You can however provide a patch or some sort of image to proove your
theory, just to demostrate it's usability.

Luis Correia
Bering uClibc Team Member

PGP Fingerprint: BC44 D7DA 5A17 F92A CA21 9ABE DFF0 3540 2322 21F6
Key Server: http://pgp.mit.edu