Eric Spakman wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> This sounds like a DNS problem. Do you have a cable connection and
> use dnsmasq and dhcpcd?
> If that's the case take a look at:
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bk02ch13s05.html
>
> Eric
>

>> I've been using 2.3.1 with no problems for almost a year now, but feel I
>> should upgrade to the latest  3.0beta.  I've carefully duplicated the
>> settings in the configuration files in my 2.3.1 setup, to the 3.0beta,
>> but am having problems. I can ssh to the firewall using putty and also
>> access it from a web browser. I can ping the firewall, but although my
>> ISPs server supplies me with an IP address, I can't access beyond the
>> firewall. Are there any 'gotchas' that I should be aware of when
>> upgrading from 2.3.1 to 3.0beta, please?

Yup, that was the gotcha that got me - thanks Eric!
I also needed to write an /etc/dhcpd/resolv.conf file with my ISP
nameservers in it.

All seems to be fine now and I only need to add the wiki module (which
is nice for notes) and the lcd4linux module (which gives a pretty
display) and I'm done.

Should I be noticing any improvement/difference over my previous 2.3.1?

Jim