Eric Spakman wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>

>>> Does anything show up in the /var/lib/portsentry/ directory?
>>>

>> Only 2 empty files - portsentry.blocked.tcp and portsentry.blocked.udp.
>> I've got both BLOCK_UDP and BLOCK_TCP set to zero , because I only want
>> warnings to start with, and I've set KILL_ROUTE="/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -s
>> $TARGET$ -j DROP" . I was hoping that if I got GRC's 'ShieldsUp' to
>> scan my machine on the internal interface, that I would get a log file
>> somewhere with warning entries.
>>

> In the portsentry example "KILL_ROUTE" line logging is set:
> .... -j LOG --log-level DEBUG --log-prefix 'Portsentry: dropping: '

I've just tried adding the above to the "KILL_ROUTE" line. I did a save
config and modules, rebooted and tried another 'ShieldsUp' scan. All
that happened is that I got the usual lot of entries in the shorewall
log showing the scan.  I did a: "for i in `find / -name '*.*'`; do grep
Portsentry $i; done", looking for files with 'Portsentry', but only the
conf and help files turned up.
> What do you mean with "scanning your internal interface"?

Initiating a scan from a machine on the internal network.

Jim