FWIW -

I have found an "inconsistency" with Tom's documentation and the latest
Bering- uClib/Shorewall release.

I just installed the latest 3.0 version running Shoreeall 3.2.2

Tom's documentation at http://www.shorewall.net/three-interface.htm
Under the heading  IP Masquerading (SNAT)
it states: "If your external firewall interface is eth0, your local
interface eth1 and your DMZ interface is eth2 then you do not need to
modify the file provided with the sample. Otherwise, edit
/etc/shorewall/masq and change it to match your configuration"

When I check this shorewall/masq file out, it only had a listing for
eth1.