Hi

Andrew Nance wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying get my 2.4.2 Bering uClibc firewall to boot from a 32 MB flash
> ide module.
> The computer is a DELL Pentium 3 machine with 3 nics.
>
> I have been trying to follow theses directions:
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bk02ch11s03.html
> and
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bk02ch11s05.html
>
> I am getting stuck trying to replace the extracted disk's initrd.lrp (286
> kB) with initrd_ide_cd.lrp (which is 387 kB).
> My floppy is too full to replace the file.

You want to place those files on the DOM. One way to do it is to attach
it to your linux host and load all necessary files to it. then put it to
your router and boot from it. I modified an old system to have the IDE
connector on the front panel for this purpose :-)

Another way, boot from CD or floppy, partition and format the DOM, copy
everything needed and boot.

Remember, once booted from the floppy, it is not needed anymore, you can
take another one to copy files from.

cheers

Erich