Hi Jim,

Don't get me wrong, but stopping email on a router doesn't seem to be
the nicest thing around.

For me that is the job of the internet email gateway, thus on a different
machine.

While my statement may start a flame war on what is the appropriate
thing to run on a router, i like the approach of keeping things as simple
as possible. Each job requires its own machine.

Additionally, it's use of DNSBL and IP database related stuff does not
convince me. The several times i tried to use any of those approaches
triggered a whole bunch of false positives, even blocking out important
emails.

I personally use MailScanner to filter out junk, and yes, it does consume
my downstream bandwidth, but it is my choice of doing it this way.

> Jim Ford

Of course, if someone creates a package for Bering uClibc is totally ok
by me, i'm not opposing at all, i will just not use it :)

Luis Correia
Bering uClibc Team Member

PGP Fingerprint: BC44 D7DA 5A17 F92A CA21 9ABE DFF0 3540 2322 21F6
Key Server: http://pgp.mit.edu