I'm not sure if this is LEAF-specific, but I'm seeing it only on LEAF
systems (Bering uClibC 3.0 beta 2 and 2.4.2) so perhaps somebody else
has seen it.

I'm running on a WRAP box using an 8MB CF card with three partitions.
All are of type Linux with ext2 file systems on 'em (though the first
two used to be of type FAT12 with msdos filesystems).  All filesystems
work.  I have grub on the third partition, and LEAF installations on
the first two.

from fdisk:
Disk /dev/hda: 8 MB, 8028160 bytes
2 heads, 32 sectors/track, 245 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 64 * 512 = 32768 bytes

/dev/hda1               1         110        3504   83  Linux
/dev/hda2             111         220        3520   83  Linux
/dev/hda3             221         245         800   83  Linux

LEAF's running great, as always.  Grub lets me choose between 2.4.2
and 3.0b2.

Regardless of which version I'm running, if I connect to the box and type

mkdir  /tmp/mnt1  /tmp/mnt2  /tmp/mnt3
mount /dev/hda1 /tmp/mnt1
mount /dev/hda2 /tmp/mnt2

the partitions get mounted as msdos (wrong).  But if I use the same
command to mount the third partition

mount /dev/hda3 /tmp/mnt3

it's mounted as ext2 (which is correct)

chloris# mount
[...]
/dev/hda1 on /tmp/mnt1 type msdos (rw)
/dev/hda2 on /tmp/mnt2 type msdos (rw)
/dev/hda3 on /tmp/mnt3 type ext2 (rw)

If I pass '-t ext2' to mount it does the right thing.  So my question is
really Why isn't the -t option needed on /dev/hda3?

Any ideas what's going on here?  As I said, the only difference is
that when I originally partitioned the card I created the first two
partitions as type 1 (FAT12) and formatted them using mkdosfs.  Is it
possible there's some lingering artifact that mount is picking up on?
Oh, it's also possible I used tune2fs differently on the third
partition, but no change I've tried so far has made any difference.

Thanks,

--Eric (House)
* From the desktop of: Eric House, [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        *
*        Crosswords 4.1.4 for PalmOS now ARM-native: xwords.sourceforge.net  *