Am Donnerstag, 2. November 2006 17:03 schrieb Corey Betka:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > 1) how to properly "open" or "unwrap" or what ever, so I can see the
> > files under /etc and all the other appropriate directories.
> >
> > ... I will at this point make my normal changes.....
> >
> > 2) after I haved edited the files, how do I "re-wrap" the file so they
> > can be put back onto the CF and work in Bering build
>
>     Assuming you are running 2.x, the developers guide has this:
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bk07ch01s06.html
> If you are running the 3 betas, sorry, I don't know.

To build customized packages the docs above are still valid.

- unpacking the lrp (which is eesentially a tgz - so tar -xvzf package works)
- make the changes
- repackage with
tar -c * | gzip -9 > package.lrp

This part hasn't changed in 3.0.

What does have changed is the part, where the configuration files to be saved
has to be declared. Docs for this are done, but not yet committed.

for changing contents in initrd (e.g. busybox) see Corey Betka's response.

kp