Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> I observed the other day that nmap 3.81 did not
> recognize the fingerprint of the ssh-service delivered
> by dropbear on Bering-uClibc beta3. Has the
> organization
> behind nmap been informed of a valid fingerprint?
Most likely not, but you'll have to ask Matt Johnston about that (he
would be the obvious person to contact somebody about his program, as
far as I'm concerned).

> Naively, I imagine that to be of value for all.
what exactly would be the benefit of nmap being able to identify
dropbear? Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would be a disaster if it
did (to the best of my knowledge, dropbear is not vulnerable), but what
good would it do if nmap were able to identify it?

Just curious

Martin