Heh, I spent some time messing with >1680 floppies in a DOS/Windows
environment. What I observed was that >1680 size isn't recognized
properly in pure DOS and/or XP, so it was in my case a very unfriendly
format.

Given how much simpler one's life is with 1440 size disks (including,
one presumes, higher reliability due to a lower density) and how free &
abundant 1.44 floppy drives are I just used two of 1440 floppy drives to
give myself lots of room.

Nowadays my happy place is where I boot from CD-ROM and save config to
1440 floppy.

scott; canada