-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of KP
Kirchdoerfer
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2006 11:48 AM
To: leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Stock Bering-uClibc 3.0 .iso isn't loading
allpackages???

Am Montag, 25. Dezember 2006 17:00 schrieb Craig Caughlin:
> Hi folks,
> Happy Holidays to you all! :-)
>
> O.K., I'm feeling pretty stupid.
>
> Rather than creating my own CD from scratch, I've downloaded the provided
> Bering-uClibc_3.0_iso_bering-uclibc-iso.bin (from 3 different mirrors),
but
> it doesn't seem to be loading all of the packages. When I compare the
lrcfg
> menu & submenus of my working Bering (that runs from a floppy) to the .iso
> Bering - there seems to be quite a few packages missing??? For example,
> under the "Package Configuration" menu, the only things that are displayed
> are: config & modules (no dhcpd, shorewall, ulogd, etc., etc., etc.)
>
> All I've done is downloaded the file, rename it with an .iso extension,
and
> burned it with Nero.
>
> What am I (like a bonehead, I'm sure) doing wrong???

You haven't read the documentation, or you overlooked the following:

Step 3: Adding packages and backup configuration
Packages can be added or removed in a flexibel way by declaring/undeclaring
them in leaf.cfg on a new formatted floppy.
Additionally your configuration settings for all packages can be stored on
the
same floppy.

Declaring packages
Edit leaf.cfg on a blank formatted floppy disk, add your packages to LRP and

change PKGPATH to point to your CDROM and the floppy device.
LRP="root config etc local modules iptables dnsmasq keyboard shorwall ulogd
libz mawk libssl libm ezipupd dropbear webconf ppp pppoe libpcap"
PKGPATH=/dev/fd0:msdos,/dev/cdrom:iso9660
syst_size=8M
log_size=2M

Note: The order in PKGPATH is important!

The leftmost entry will be loaded last - so your packages will be load first

from CDROM and then from /dev/fd0. This will overwrite the configuration
with
the settings you stored on the floppy.

Save your configuration
You can save your configuration changes onto the floppy, you have declared
leaf.cfg.

kp