Erich;

Am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 15:51 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Eric
>
> Eric Spakman wrote:
> > Hi Izzy,
> >
> >> I think I've found the source of the problem, or at least the key
> >> difference.  The bootdisk.ima on the iso image was generated using
> >> syslinux 3.20.  If I take the bootdisk.ima file, and syslinux it using
> >> this machine, it creates a working boot CD.  I'm using syslinux v 2.11,
> >> as provided in Debian Sarge.  I'm not sure what the problem is beyond
> >> that, but hopefully this lead to the solution.
> >
> > I don't fully understand your problem, it is working with syslinux-2.11
> > and not with version 3.20? The problem with syslinux is that newer
> > versions fix booting of some biosses, but breaks on others.... It's
> > nearly impossible to find a version that works with all biosses. We could
> > try an update to version 3.3x....
>
> Maybe using isolinux without emulation mode e.g. without a floppy image
>  file is more versatile.

I think it won't help much - an ISO image built that way e.g won't boot on my
test machine (an old IBM PC 330).

As Eric Spakman said it's (nearly) impossible to please everyone.
That's one reason, why we documented two different approaches to build an ISO
image and provide almost everything to build LEAF Bering-uClibc from cvs.
(USB and the ISO image you proposed are nit part of the cvs).

The images we provide are for everyone's convenience  - but our main work is
to improve LEAF Bering-uClibc and the related packages  and everyone can find
the results in cvs - packages and sources incl. a way to compile everything
from scratch.
Of course, patches to make two ISO images are welcome - or if you like to
provide one based on isolinux without emulation mode, I can give you FRS
write access as Jorn has it, who voluntered to build images for USB sticks.

kp