Am Freitag, 6. April 2007 14:19:52 schrieb Andrew Nagy:
> Eric Spakman wrote:
> > Andrew,
> >
> >> I have my /etc/modules configured to load those same modules, but every
> >> time I boot
> >> the VM the driver does not load. Something about missing parameters for
> >> updown. I am not near my server to give you an exact error message. I
> >> know
> >> lsmod shows mii and crc32 being loaded, but I don't remember seeing
> >> pcnet32. Any ideas or hints?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >
> > Make sure all three modules are available in the /lib/modules/ directory
> > and list them in /etc/modules in the following order:
> >
> > crc32
> > mii
> > pcnet32
> >
> > Also make sure the modules fit the kernel version (uname -r to determine
> > the running kernel version). The right modules tarball can be downloaded
> > from:
> > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13751
> > or directly from:
> > http://leaf.cvs.sourceforge.net/leaf/bin/bering-uclibc/packages/
> >
> > Eric

> Eric:
>
> I have checked and I am using the correct version of the modules. My
> problem remains
> as I stated in another thread
> (http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-How-to-add-NIC-driver-to-floppy-image-for-Beri
>ng-uClibC-3.0.2-p9801965.html) that the whenever I try to either edit
> /etc/modules or copy pcnet32.o to /lib/modules
> the changes do not persist to the next reboot. Even if I do a save from
> lrcfg the changes
> do not persist. I know I am missing something fundamental or really simple.
> How do I
> make the changes to the floppy image persist to the next reboot?
>
> Thanks.

Andrew;

I'm guessing you are using a self-build boot-image for VMware.

Depending on the base you started you're self-build image the pkgpath to save
the packages may be wrong. Make shure in leaf.cfg the the first entry for
pkgpath is your (virtual) floppy.

As I said, I'm guessing - if that doesn't help, we need more information about
your setup and the messages/error messages you get while saving or trying to
save changes.

kp