Thanks, Charles.  Comcast Tech support said I could keep my current
Surfboard for data and use theirs for the voice.  I thought that was
redundant, but I see your point.  One of my co-workers has voice and
data on the same modem and he'll occasionally drop out on our phone
conversations - it is really annoying.

Just what I need - another electronic device to plug in... ;-)

As usual, you've been a big help, Charles.  Sounds like separate
modems for voice/data is the way to go.

         Ken