Fellow friends of code,

after yet another day with unorthodox use of
buildtool.pl, let me propose a slight extension
of its capabilities.

At present the targets in our buildtool are of the
kind "all or nothing". I have now had reason to
resolve one C code bug and one stubborn automake
issue in two different packages that were not avail-
able in the central repository of LEAF's. Both cases
required me to recompile the code several times,
just to be sure the executables would work on the
intended Bering-uC target. Hence I am now more
convinced than ever before, that it would be of
benefit to have a buildtool target that
compiles only parts of the C code, without pushing
forward to a full package. Like the uses of the
original Buildroot for a uClibc and Busybox setting,
I would like so see a shortcut for transparently
invoking compiler and linker to rebuild specified
object files and thus rebuild the executable, but
then to stop. I am imagining something like a target
"privatebuild" with a use

  ./buildtool.pl privatebuild thisproj northernpart

which would be like doing

   (cd build_dir_of_thisproj;
     make northernpart )

   (( possibly adding:      make 'link-up-again'
     to get the executable.  ))

with CC, LD, and so on initiated for Bering.
A quick analysis of the perl code gives an
impression that slimmed down editions of

   buildtool::Make::Build
or
   buildtool::Make::Source

would achieve this, but for now both are too
strongly arranged for sourceing _and_ building
_and_ installing to be use as is.

Comments? Avertions? Incouragement? Refutals?
Opinions are desired!

Regards,    Mats E Andersson