Harry Lachanas wrote:
> I Would like to connect 2 lans over NET with openvpn ... problem is that
> both are using the same subnet  Lan(a)=( 10.0.1.0/24 ) , Lan(b) = (
> 10.0.1.0/24 )
> I am sure that I came across a package that can masq the two lans and
> comunicate but I cant recall how or what it was :-(
> Any hint will be most wellcomed ...
I'm not aware of some package that can use address translation for a
circumstance like this (since the destination net would be the same as
the source net - but I'm not claiming to be an expert on those matters,
so it may well exist).

It should be doable using the tap interface (instead of tun) and using
bridging (see the docs on openvpn.org on how to set that up). But you
would still have to make sure that addresses aren't shared between the
nets. If you can't make sure that the same address isn't used in both
nets, you're most likely out of luck - I don't see how some piece of
software would be able to figure out which box to send the packets to.

Martin