From: "C.Dummy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: 6/21/07 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] ftp server

 Did anybody ran vsftpd succesfully on BeringU box?
Andrey

Hello. Thanks for advice. I installed vsftpd and server is running. I
edited vsftpd.conf so
local_enable=YES
I even changed (not sure what it is)
local_unmask=022
Than I created user
adduser cdummy -g ftp
with password.
When I try to ftp to server I'm not getting any respond from server.
Just "can't connect, can't login still trying".

My idea was:
1. Ssh to BeringU box.(no problem)
2. Adduser cdummy with group ftp (no problem)
3. Mount -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /home/ftp (problems)
4. ftp to vsftpd server as local user cdummy (problems)
So after I restart BeringU box all above is gone.
When I boot from floppy/cd kernel finds hda: Fujitsu etc..). But when I do
mount -t ext2 /dev/hda1 /home/ftp
I'm getting:
mount: Mounting /dev/hda1 on /home/ftp failed: No such device

Any idea why there is no response from the server and why Ican't mount
my hda1? I tried to edit fstab same effect.
Thanks for help
Andrey