Dear Beringians,

I have finally found time to resume my contributions
to the webconf interface, and thus to correct the
image 3.1beta to working order. The three changes were
already earlier reported to KP Kirchdörfer, so this
concerns the downloaded images only.

Two actions are straightforward:

   1) The s-flag is missing on haserl. Correction:

        # chmod +s /usr/bin/haserl

   2) Misunderstood argument in dnsmasq.cgi on my behalf.
        Correction:

        # sed -i '/svcstat/ s-"The.*daemon"-dnsmasq-' \
                 /var/webconf/www/dnsmasq.cgi

        There must be a double quotation mark before 'The'
        and a double quotation mark behind 'daemon'.

The third necessary correction needs a check on your side,
just to go safe.

   3) Possibly incorrect path to 'pidof'. Corrective steps:

        First check the location present location

        # which pidof
        /sbin/pidof
        # grep pidof /var/webconf/lib/svcstat.sh | grep my
        mycheck="/bin/pidof $pidchk"

      In this case the latter path must be changed:

        # sed -i '/^mycheck/ s-/bin-/sbin-' \
                /var/webconf/lib/svcstat.sh

      Beware of the circumflex before 'mycheck'. If the two
      tested paths were identical, you must not perform this
      last correction.

To finalize these changes you just need to insert them into
a well chosen boot script file that is performed after 'webconf'.
The three corrections using chmod/sed/sed were crafted in order
to be inactive once applied, so somewhat heretically the cron-script
could be usable, followed by saving your Bering configuration. Ideally,
one of the Bering-uClibc maintainers should point out the perfect
position to put these corrections: An existing file, or a new one.

This being said and clarified, I have two wishes for the future
beta2-release:

  * Please include the 'resize' applet in Busybox. I prefer to
    be able to use a serial console from time to time, and then
    it is a small menace to do "export COLUMNS=109 LINES=39" after
    manual measurements. Agreed?

  * I observe that in case the the exterior interface is not
    plugged in there is the appropriate delay for the dhcpc-service
    to time out, but then there is an exceedingly long time when
    'openntpd' stalls. At least five times as long as the dhcpc
    delay. Could this be shortened?

Best regards, and keep testing. I will for sure!

Mats E Andersson