On Sunday 27 January 2008 00:18:17 Erkki Lintunen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I noticed quite some time ago that BU could not be booted from 3.x
> cd-images on qemu. Later I found also an about five year old IBM
> Netvista that couldn't be booted with the cd image either.
>
> I reinstalled syslinux 3.20 to  bootdisk.ima with and without -s option
> and created new cd-images. It didn't help. With the latest syslinux
> version 3.60 BU 3.1b3 boots fine in QEMU. Sorry, I didn't test syslinux
> releases between 3.20 and 3.60. When I'll get my hands on that Netvista
> again, I'll check this on it as well and let you know.
>
> Best regards,
> Erkki

Erkki;

every iso image that will be uploaded into the FRS area has been loaded before
with qemu to run some basic tests. The QEMU acceleration layer is not
activated, but I don't think this makes a difference, and the qemu version is
0.8.2.

Booting with older Bios versions like your netvista pc can always be an
adventure and needs often some other syslinux versions - though there is no
syslinux version for all Bioses AFAIK.

kp