Robert K Coffman Jr. -Info From Data Corp. wrote:
> I think one possible issue is that VMWare has an issue with the larger
> floppy size.  I ran into this on VMWare Server and it has been a while so I
> don't know if that is still a problem.

No issue there: running a 1680 myself...

Never managed to get that working on a physical drive though.

> Try copying the files to a standard 1.44MB floppy.

I Agree: 1440 is always the safest choice. But AFAIK the floppy image on
the ISO *is* a 1440

==
I just looked at the syslinux.cfg inside the image and I noticed it
specifies /dev/fd0 as the boot device. Checking my own box however it
does not allow me to mount the floppy as /dev/fd0 and neither did my old
1.2 Bering distro. This may be hardware related, although my old distro
ran on a physical P66, but I've always had to specify /dev/fd0_u1440 on
the old box and currently use /dev/fd0_u1680 on the VM environment.

BTW: I use the CDROM as the boot device and the floppy only has the
LEAF.CFG and DB files.

Gordon Bos