Can anyone point me to the archives Eric is referring to?  > Date: Fri, 11 Jul
2008 06:13:03 +0000> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> CC:
leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [leaf-user]
Intel Pro 1000MT> > Jeremy> > Jeremy Tourville wrote:> > Hi everyone,> > I
would like to use the Intel Pro 1000 MT dual gigabit NIC in my LEAF 3.1 box. I
am using the e1000 drivers and seem to be unable to detect the NIC in my
system. (I just built a new LEAF box as a virtual machine using VMWare Server.)
I am wondering if there is something special about the way the drivers were
built for LEAF. The NIC works fine on my host machine (but that is running
White Box Enterprise Linux so it may not be a fair/direct comparison) When I
insmod the driver by hand I receive the message "insmod: init_module: e1000: No
such device". The driver version I have is 5.7.6-k1. My motherboard only has
PCI slots, not PCI-X. Perhaps this may cause a problem with thi
 s device? Thanks for your input!> > -Jeremy> > Look into the archives, some of
the newer e1000 boards need a new > driver. For 2.4.34 kernels I compiled one a
few months ago. I can send t > to you off list if you want.> > cheers> > Erich>