Erich Titl schrieb:
> Hi Boris
>
> Mhhhh ... I must admit I _never_ use the character based chmod command,
> I somehow got used to the octal representation.
>
> Put some debugging output in your script, it will tell you what happens.

Hej Erich, hej all,

first once mor thank you for caring about my thing!!

So, here is what I did and why it didn't work - just to have it documented:

chmod from busybox doesn't support the -v flag, so all I could do to
make the script talk to me was this:

RCDLINKS="2,S80"

whoami > /var/log/script.log
date >> /var/log/script.log
echo "vor Ausfuehrung von chmod" >> /var/log/script.log
ls -al /usr/sbin/e* >> /var/log/script.log
chmod u+s /usr/sbin/ether-wake >> /var/log/script.log
date >> /var/log/script.log
echo 'nach Ausfuehrung von chmod' >> /var/log/script.log
ls -al /usr/sbin/e* >> /var/log/script.log

chown wolagent:wolagent /home/wolagent

After reboot I had this:

# less /var/log/script.log
root
Wed Dec 17 17:35:11 UTC 2008
vor Ausfuehrung von chmod
Wed Dec 17 17:35:11 UTC 2008
nach Ausfuehrung von chmod

So, obviously the ether-wake binary doesn't exist on time the script is
being executed.

I decided to try to change the position of etherw in leaf.cfg (hoping it
is going to be unpacked earlier) and found that I had made a bad mistake
by writing 'etherw.lrp' instead of only 'etherw' at the end of the line
with the packages.

After having corrected that, I got this:

# less /var/log/script.log
root
Wed Dec 17 17:51:08 UTC 2008
vor Ausfuehrung von chmod
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root         7100 Jul  3  2006 /usr/sbin/ether-wake
Wed Dec 17 17:51:08 UTC 2008
nach Ausfuehrung von chmod
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root         7100 Jul  3  2006 /usr/sbin/ether-wake

So, after all, my problem is solved, and it seems the suid-bit is
backuped by lrcfg, so I don't even need to set it in the script.

Thanks again very much.

Boris