On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:38:23AM +0200, Harry Lachanas wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to experiment a bit with kernel 2.6
>
> however the mother board that I am using is the intel DP35DP
> with  the  965 chipset ...
>
> It boots ubuntu and detects the cd with the sr_mod.ko
>
> I am booting with sr_mod +scsi_mod + cdrom  included in the initrd (
> modinfo sr_mod )
>

> however it fails to detect the cdrom.
>
> I am not clear if the init script creates the 11,0 nodes and links the
> scd0 dev to cdrom
>
> I also suspect that there should be some more modules that are missing ...
>

> Any hints will be highly appreciated ...

As far as I know is the cdrom.ko module only for PATA/IDE drives.
For SATA cdromdrives you wil need the appropriate SATA driver and the
sr_mod.ko.

Or do you still have a real SCSI-cdrom in your system?
In that case you'll also need a scsi-driver.

Since LEAF can work with little resources you can't take for granted
either ide, pata, sata or scsi is present. For example it can boot
from network and contain the complete image in memory.

With regards,
Huub Reuver