Since 3 days, I'm fighting against flu virus and I'm in a poor condition.
So, I was not able to follow Martins hints but I'll do so in a few days.

It would be great to get a pre-compiled e1000e.o module so I can keep on
replacing the old server within a short time.
In fact that the on board nic (bnx2) seems also not to be "supported" by
3.1.1-beta2 version, I'm still waiting for your hints and suggestions
regarding compile flags and patching (for e1000e and -if any- for bnx2).

Juergen

--

mit freundlichem Gruss
Jürgen Northe