On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM, marvin horst <marvin.ho...@pbzinc.com>wrote:

> Sorry, I was mistaken. After remembering to reboot after uploading the
> latest shorwall.lrp I found that 4.4.15 does not have any underscores in the
> date format. Everything is working great. Thanks for the help KP and Tom.
>
> I have a question about the swping script that I'm using for fail-over. It
> is working as described in the Shorewall documentation, but for one of my
> provider interfaces I would like to ping one hop beyond the gateway which
> doesn't work because the route is gone. Any suggestions ?  Should I be
> taking this question over to the Shorewall forum?

Some more info......

One of my providers (Windstream) is DSL service with several public IP
addresses of which we only really use one (66.109.227.106 eth0 on leaf box).
The gateway address for eth0 on my leaf box is the Cisco 800 router/modem
(66.109.227.105). If my DSL service goes down I can, of course, still ping
this gateway address used in my swping script, but that would be giving me a
false positive. I'd like to ping the next hop (66.109.238.115) which is the
gateway on the other end of my DLS line.

--
Marvin Horst