Hi, I'm testing with 4.2b1 and want to examine the
uncompressed-then-mounted contents of the initrd.lrp file.

On my running 3.1.1b3 I'd gunzip the lrp file via:
gunzip -c initrd.lrp > /tmp/initrd.minix

and then loop-mount the output as a minix filesys ... but that doesn't
work now :(

First question is what is the underlying filesystem inside the initrd on
this 4.2?

Also, is loop.o now built-in to the kernel so no need to load it as a
module? (Hope so, since I can't find loop.o for this 4.2 version.)

When I've been trying to mount the uncompressed lrp via:
mount -o loop /tmp/initrd.minix /mnt2

I get:
mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt2 failed: Invalid argument

and when I specify minix as the filesys:
mount -t minix -o loop /tmp/initrd.minix /mnt2

I get the unhelpful:
mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt2 failed: No such device

yet both /dev/loop0 & /mnt2 exist:
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            40 Jan 19 13:26 /mnt2
brw-rw----    1 root     disk        7,   0 Jan 19 12:16 /dev/loop0

Any help would be much appreciated ... and thanks as always for LEAF!