On 12/02/22 13:43, Robert K Coffman Jr. -Info From Data Corp. wrote:
> The current release (4.2 beta) is too large for the root drive of my
> storage (vfat /dev/sda1).  If I move these files into a subdirectory
> rather than the root of the hard drive, how do I reflect that in
> leaf.cfg and syslinux.cfg?
Your quandary confuses me.

If the storage space needed by 4.2 beta exceeds what you can put in the
root then it would also exceed what you can put in a subdir.

Are you instead hitting the limit of
max_number_files_in_root_of_FAT_filesystem? (Maybe ~512 files)?

In that case then moving some files to a subdir would help (but I would
be surprised about anyone hitting this limit).

I don't unfortunately know offhand how to choose a subdir for LRP files
tho, having never so need or really wanted.

When I peek at the 'init' script in the initrd.lrp file (which does the
pkg loading), and see stuff like:
> echo "$dev $t" >>$PFX/pkgpath.disks
the language used (.disks, $dev) makes me think that $PKGPATH is a list
of *drives*.

However maybe you can specify, in the leaf.cfg file, that some or all
packages are listed as:
        subdir/package.lrp
instead of just
        package.lrp

... and this could possibly work?

(However if you have actually run out of drive *space* you could make a
bootable 'parted magic' CD and use that to resize your partitions.
Backup first tho, if at all possible!)

Good luck!

scott