31.03.2012 00:27, groups, freeman написал:
> On 12/03/26 05:11, Andrew wrote:
>> 26.03.2012 07:03, ads...@genis-x.com написал:
>>> How do I change the order of NIC detection? or how can I force the system to
>>> load e1000e BEFORE the igb driver?
>>>
>>> Bering-uClibc_4.2_i686_syslinux_vga
>>>
>>> {{ snip }}
>>>
>> Hi.
>> Just add e1000e in /etc/modules - it is processed before hardware detection.
> Hmmmm. I seem to be suffering the same issue but I'm using 4.2 *beta 1*.
>
> In my case I'm using the tg3 module, and when that file merely exists in
> /lib/modules mdev (I believe) finds it and loads it before the modules
> listed in my /etc/modules get loaded.
>
> So my question would be: do I need to upgrade to 4.2 *release*, to have
> my /etc/modules file 'respected' (i.e. to not have tg3.ko auto-loaded),
> or is something else afoot in my case?
>
> Cheers&  thanks for LEAF!
> scott

As I remember, nothing changed in module-related logic for a long time
(except switching to more easy hardware detection using hotplug script).
/etc/modules is parsed before modules probing for  long time.
Can you do lsmod and look, when actually tg3 was loaded (on top there
are freshest modules)?
Try to remove modules.lrp from list of packages (to avoid module
Maybe it depends from some other driver (some bridge or so on, that is
supported as module).