Hi all,

I have a  problem I need a little help with.
Sometime ago (3.x) my setup was working a dream, ulogd + mysql output had
all the logging heading into a mysql db.
I moved to 4.0 and as you all know iptables dumps it's output into the
kernel ring buffer which just fills dmesg with rubbish.

Tom over on shorewall suggested using ulogd to stop this but it is/was
broken on 4.x

It seems syslog-ng can't stop it either.

Before I setup a test vm and try the latest leaf has ulogd been fixed (works
with the mysql plugin) on the latest build?
I did post once before on this
(http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Shorewall-Logging-and-dmesg-p32344949.html)

The actual problem is my /var/log is just getting filled overnight from
shorewall.log (which I did turn off and have outputted via ulogd to mysql in
my old setup) but no ulogd means I need it on for analysis. Does anyone have
any suggestions?

Cheers
Adam