Since mid 2012 a very small system has appeared on the market under the
name of the Raspberry PI.
I have seen several applications already made for it. I was thinking if
that is not an ideal system for LEAF.
It comes with a Debian derived ubuntu-like OS, is based on an ARM
processor (700 Mhz ARM11) 512 MB SDRAM, 10/100 Ethernet card and several
I/O ports. External storage is by using a SD-card.
Of course it has only 1 ethernet card on board and only 2 USB ports but
it has also GPIO pins to be used for peripherals.
If you want to know more there is a wiki here > http://elinux.org/Main_Page

I'm curious if somebody knows it (even has experience?) as they costs
next to nothing (€28 ex VAT). Of course you need things like SD-cards
(With or without OS) etc.
I am very much interested if it is possible to use it for a LEAF firewall.
Joep