On 9/9/2013 6:28 AM, Mike Noyes wrote:
> On 09/05/2013 07:47 PM, Victor McAllister wrote:
>> The Guardian has an interesting article on how to make it a little
>> harder for NSA to read your encrypted traffic. Evidently they are
>> tapping fiber, have compromised many routers and have back doors on lots
>> of commercial software. The terrorists are not as dangerous to democracy
>> as the spies. The politician who controls internet decryption can
>> control the world. Think about it.
>>
>> http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/05/nsa-how-to-remain-secure-surveillance
>
> Victor,
> The NANOG mailing list is finding some gems too.
>
>      NSA Laughs at PCs, Prefers Hacking Routers and Switches
>      http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2013-September/060773.html
>
>      The US government has betrayed the Internet. We need to take it back
>      http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2013-September/060812.html
>
>      Internet Surveillance and Boomerang Routing: A Call for Canadian
>                                                   Network Sovereignty
>      http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2013-September/060877.html
>
>      [Cryptography] Opening Discussion: Speculation on "BULLRUN"
>      http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2013-September/060894.html

The NSA secret court does not allow those forced to give up their users
or open secret back doors to tell anyone about the secret orders.
(Secret courts, IMO, fundamentally contradicts the notion of equal and
open justice for all). Here is a scheme whereby a company would post a
"dead man switch" message. If the sign went away, users would be
notified in a negative way.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/09/nsa-sabotage-dead-mans-switch

Victor