On 12/6/2013 1:14 PM, Phil Faris wrote:
> I just installed the Geode version of uClibc 5.0.2-rc2 on my Alix
> machine.  Everything seems to work well EXCEPT I get no Shorewall logs
> (/var/log/shorewall.log is not created).  The shorewall-init.log
> indicates everything compiles correctly and that Shorewall starts. I
> made only two modifications to the standard Shorewall configuration:
>     1. in Ifaces the "dhcp OPTION" for eth0 was deleted since i have a
>    static IP.
>     2. In Rules the "NTP(ACCEPT)  loc   fw" was uncommented to allow
> local machines to time sync with LEAF.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestion(s) on how to solve this problem.
>
> Phil Faris

I manage three 5.0.1 leaf routers -two are wrap 486 and one alix geode
(static ip). The geode always keeps a shorewall.log. Both WRAP (dhcp -
cable) only had shorewall-init.log when first booted up. After a while,
one of the WRAP boxes began to maintain a shorewall.log and the other
still does not. uptime on both is over 2 months. Haven't had time to
troubleshoot it - but you are not the only one to see the problem.

Victor