I did it the way the shorewall logging documentation suggests: I specified
LOG=ULOG in params and then $LOG everywhere else. I also disabled all
references to shorewall.log in syslog-ng.conf. Still not logging. But it logs
to syslog-ng just fine when I change it back to 'info'.

BLACKLIST_LOG_LEVEL=
INVALID_LOG_LEVEL=
LOG_MARTIANS=No
LOG_VERBOSITY=2
LOGALLNEW=
LOGFILE=/var/log/shorewall.log
LOGFORMAT="Shorewall:%s:%s:"
LOGTAGONLY=No
LOGLIMIT=
MACLIST_LOG_LEVEL=$LOG
RELATED_LOG_LEVEL=
RPFILTER_LOG_LEVEL=$LOG
SFILTER_LOG_LEVEL=$LOG
SMURF_LOG_LEVEL=$LOG
STARTUP_LOG=/var/log/shorewall-init.log
TCP_FLAGS_LOG_LEVEL=$LOG
UNTRACKED_LOG_LEVEL=

My shorewall version is now 4.6.3.4.

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 5:09 AM, kp kirchdoerfer
<kap...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
Am Montag, 6. Oktober 2014, 13:09:10 schrieben Sie:
> Yes, I used git. My shorewall version is 4.6.2.5, not 5. I think the reason
> it's not logging is because syslog-ng is also trying to use shorewall.log.
> I'll use leaf-devel from now on.

Maybe you misunderstood.

I meant Bering-uClibc 5.

Are you shure you have choosen ulog resp nflog as target?

last line of /etc/shorewall/policy:

all           all             REJECT          NFLOG(4)

kp